Robby Yung, CEO of Animoca Brands – one of the top five global blockchain game companies – delivers this MGS GVC 1.0 session on the ways in which blockchain technology allows developers to create a more memorable experience for gamers.
Topics covered in this session include:
- The “Internet of value” and true digital ownership
- Using blockchain for security, digital ownership, the trading of assets, and cross-platform capability
- Understanding the differences between fungible tokens (e.g. Bitcoin) and non-fungible tokens (e.g. Cryptokitties)
- How blockchain shifts asset ownership to the user and preserves asset value
- Leveraging third-party brands in mobile gaming
- Appealing to users through IP and branded content
- Using NFTs to connect with fans and create a long-term fan community
- The cost-benefit of paying out royalties and license fees for IP
- Play-to-earn opportunities in games like The Sandbox
For more on creating an in-game economy and a memorable gaming experience using blockchain technology, watch the full video session.
Like what you see? Learn more about our upcoming events.