Peggy Anne Salz, Founder and Chief Analyst of MobileGroove, leads a Level-up Thursday discussion on the best practices for operating a business during COVID-19. Joining Salz is Travis Gemoets, an experienced trial attorney with Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell. Gemoets consults on a variety of employment-related matters and has been advising clients across multiple industries since the pandemic began – first helping with the shutdown, and later with re-opening.
Topics in this session include:
- The practicalities and legalities of creating a remote work environment
- Tracking hours, productivity, and responsiveness
- The difficulties of disciplinary action
- Preventing the potential misuse of independent contractors
- Establishing preventative protocols when returning to the non-virtual work environment
- Flexibility for those high-risk individuals who cannot return to work
- Paid-time-off during mandated quarantines
- Workplace guidelines – social distancing, cleaning, employer-provided PPE, modified workspaces
- Navigating the “new normal”
For more on establishing effective work-from-home protocols and dealing with COVID-19 in the non-virtual workplace, please stream the full video. Check out our upcoming Level-Up Thursday webcasts.